Review a few details before setting up Send through Salesforce, including details about bounce management and spam.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: All Editions|
- Send through Salesforce is a good option if:
- You need bounce management.
- You don’t want to integrate Salesforce with an external email service.
- You aren’t using Gmail™ or Office 365™ with Lightning Experience.
- If email authentication is not configured properly following the recommendations below, emails are flagged as spam by certain email providers.
- If your company doesn’t own the domain or has bounce management enabled, your sent emails may be identified as being sent through Salesforce and may appear like they’re coming from you.
- If the Deliverability settings, Enable compliance with standard email security mechanisms or Activate bounce management, are enabled, Gmail recipients see extra information
- If Enable Sender ID compliance is enabled, Outlook and email clients supporting Sender ID don’t see “Sent on behalf of [sender name].”
- If your company owns a domain, we recommend that you set up email authentication methods like Sender Policy Framework (SPF) or DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) in your DNS. This ensures better delivery and acceptance by recipients.