Considerations for Setting Up Send Email through Gmail™ or Office 365™ | Salesforce
Review a few details before setting up Send through Gmail or Office 365, including details about triggers and workflow rules and information for organizations that use Communities.
|Available in: Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
- Send through Gmail or Office 365 is not available in Communities. If your organization has Send Through Gmail or Office 365 enabled, it will not work in Communities. Instead, emails sent in Communities will go through Salesforce or Email Relaying, depending on which option your organization has configured.
- If you use Send through Gmail, you can visit your My Email Settings page in Salesforce to customize the name that shows up in the From field of your outgoing emails. If you use Send Through Office 365, you can’t change the name in Salesforce.
When using Send through Gmail or Office 365:
- Emails are not stored in Salesforce email logs, which are only used for emails sent through Salesforce. This means email delivery information is not available in Salesforce. Obtain email logs from Gmail or Office 365.
- Emails sent by triggers and workflow rules are still sent through Salesforce.
- Bounce management isn’t supported, so contacts and leads aren’t automatically updated with bounce information. However, you can view bounced emails in your email inbox. If you require bounce management, use Send through Salesforce instead.
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) is handled through the external email service and not through Salesforce settings.
- Organization-wide footers do not appear in emails sent from Salesforce.