Set up contract line items to be able to specify which products a service contract covers. Contract line items only display to users on the Contract Line Items related list on service contracts (not on contracts!). You can only use contract line items if your Salesforce org uses products.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions with the Service Cloud|
|To set up service contracts and contract line items with entitlements:||“Manage Entitlements” |
Entitlements must be enabled in your org for you to set up contract line items.
From the object management settings for contract line items:
Customize contract line item fields.
This lets you control what information users add to contract line items. You can create custom contract line item fields that are specific to your industry or support process.
Customize contract line item page layouts.
This lets you specify which fields and related lists users see on contract line items. Consider making the following customizations:
- Add the Status Icon field so users can easily see whether the line item is active, expired, or inactive.
- To let users make one line item the parent of another, add the Parent Contract Line Item field and Child Contract Line Items related list. You can also add the read-only Root Contract Line Item field, which lists the top-level line item in a contract line item hierarchy. A contract line item hierarchy can contain up to 10,000 line items.
Customize other objects’ page layouts.
This lets you choose how users can associate contract line items with other records. Consider making the following customizations:
- (Required) Add the Contract Line Items related list to service contract page layouts. This lets users create, edit, and delete contract line items from service contracts.
- Add the Contract Line Items related list to asset layouts. This lets users view and change associations between assets and contract line items.
- Add the Contract Line Item lookup field to entitlement page layouts. This lets users associate a line item with a particular entitlement.
Set field-level security on contract line items.
This lets you choose which contract line item fields users can access.
Set field history tracking on contract line items.
This lets you see when field values were changed. Changes are listed in the Contract Line Item History related list on contract line items. From the object management settings for contract line items, go to the fields section, and then click Set History Tracking.
Schedules aren't available for contract line items, and community users can’t access them.