Sometimes the labels for your charts can overlap and be difficult to read. There may be too much data in the same space, or the segments or wedges of the chart may be too small.
To fix overlapping labels, try the following:
- Enlarge the chart. Change the chart size in the report to large or extra large or make the dashboard column wider.
- Remove extra grouping levels. Reduce the number of grouping levels by using a different chart type. For example, horizontal bar charts have fewer values than grouped horizontal bar charts.
- Use horizontal charts. Horizontal charts use different spacing than vertical charts. The advantage of the horizontal bar charts is that the chart can be extended vertically to show numerous groupings, though the width is fixed. Depending on chart settings, you can also display Chatter photos.
- Change the scale. Set the chart to use larger units. For example, show values as multiples of 1000 or 1000000.
- Group small values. Select the Combine Small Groups into 'Others' option for pie, donut, and funnel charts.