Considerations for Defining Forecasts Settings in Collaborative Forecasts | Salesforce
Before you define forecasts settings, review a few key points.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Professional (no Custom Field forecasts), Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|Opportunity Splits available in: Performance and Developer Editions and in Enterprise and Unlimited Editions with the Sales Cloud|
- Salesforce recommends that you review the documentation before setting up Collaborative Forecasts. If you change certain settings, you can lose data.
- For a more detailed step-by-step explanation of setting up Collaborative Forecasts and why you’d enable certain functionality, see the Collaborative Forecasts Implementation Guide.
- If you disable adjustments, adjustment data is purged.
- If you change your forecast period, quota data and adjustment data are purged.
- If you remove a forecast type, quota data and adjustment data are purged for that forecast type.
- If you change the forecast measurement for a forecast type from revenue to quantity or from quantity to revenue, quota data and adjustment data are purged for that forecast type.