Calculate forecasts on revenue or quantity in Collaborative Forecasts.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Professional (no Custom Field forecasts), Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|Opportunity Splits available in: Performance and Developer Editions and in Enterprise and Unlimited Editions with the Sales Cloud|
- Opportunity-quantity forecasts roll up based on the opportunity’s Quantity field, while opportunity-revenue forecasts roll up based on the opportunity’s Amount field.
- For opportunity splits-revenue forecasts, the rollup is based on the opportunity’s Amount field and the split percentage that’s assigned to the sales rep.
- For custom opportunity field forecasts, the rollup is based on the custom field amount.
- For product family-revenue forecasts, the rollup is based on the sum of the Total Price field for all opportunity line items in that product family.
- Product family-quantity forecasts roll up based on the Quantity field for all opportunity line items in that product family.
- For opportunities without opportunity line items or with line items that don’t have a specified product family, the totals roll up into the Products Not Categorized row on the forecasts page.
- A sales manager needs to forecast using revenue because the sales vice president sets quota amounts based on the US dollar.
- A sales rep needs to forecast using quantity because of an incentive to sell 10,000 units of a promotional product.
If you want to forecast revenue and quantity for the same data source, such as opportunities or product families, your Salesforce admin can create a forecast type for each, and you can toggle between them on the forecasts page.