To ensure Salesforce works optimally with Firefox, you’ll need to do a few configurations to the browser.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: All Editions|
Salesforce makes every effort to test and support the most recent version of Firefox.
Make sure Firefox can accept cookies.
- Click .
- Go to the Privacy panel.
- For the Firefox will option, select Use custom settings for history
- Select the Accept cookies from sites option.
- Select the Accept third-party cookies option.
- For the Keep until option, select they expire.
- Click OK.
Optionally, configure advanced caching preferences to maximize performance.
- Type about:config in the browser's location bar, and then press Enter.
- If a warning displays, click I'll be careful, I promise!
- Search for the following preferences and set them to the recommended value by double-clicking the preference name. Changes take effect immediately.
- Change how the browser retains common resources across requests by setting the following caching preferences.
|browser.cache.disk.capacity||50,000 or more; increase to use more hard disk space||50,000|
You can set some of these preferences by clicking in the Firefox browser. Refer to Firefox Help
Setting privacy.sanitize.sanitizeOnShutdown to “True” causes the cache to clear when Firefox shuts down. This increases privacy, but may decrease performance.
To view the contents of your cache, type about:cache in the Firefox location bar and press Enter.
Refer to MozillaZine Knowledge Base and Firefox Support Home Page for more information on these and other preferences.