The HTML editor gives users WYSIWYG HTML editing capabilities, allowing them to:
- Insert an image
- Insert hyperlinks
- Change paragraph alignment
- Create bulleted and numbered lists
- HTML tags you enter into the HTML editor will display to users as text.
- In related lists, search results, and hover details, Salesforce does not display text with HTML formatting or images.
- Hyperlinks open in a new browser window when users click on them. The HTML editor supports HTTP, HTTPS, and mailto hyperlinks.
- To insert an image, click and either browse to an image file or specify the image's web address. Enter a description that appears when a user hovers over the image and when the image is not available. The image must have a URL that Salesforce can access.
- Images do not show up in list views and reports.
- You cannot disable individual features of the HTML editor. For example, you cannot disable its hyperlink and image capabilities.
- The HTML editor supports all languages that Salesforce supports.
- For security purposes, the HTML editor only allows the tags and attributes listed in Supported HTML Tags and Attributes. Salesforce automatically removes unsupported tags and attributes when you save an idea description or comment. Salesforce also removes potentially malicious HTML. Note that Salesforce does not notify users when unsupported or potentially malicious HTML is removed.
Supported HTML Tags and Attributes
The HTML editor supports the following tags:
|<dl>|| || |
The above tags can include the following attributes:
The above attributes can include URLs that begin with the following:
- / for relative links
Enabling the HTML Editor in Ideas
The HTML editor is enabled by default for most organizations. If your organization does not have the HTML editor already enabled, an administrator can enable it as described in Customizing Ideas Settings.
Once you enable the HTML editor, you cannot disable it.
Before enabling the HTML editor, note the following:
- Each HTML idea description has a maximum size of the 32 KB. Each comment has a maximum size of 4 KB.
- If you use the HTML editor to edit and save an idea description or comment that was in text format, Salesforce saves the description or comment in HTML format.
- In list views and search results, Salesforce displays only the first 255 characters of an idea's description or comment. This number includes HTML tags.