|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To merge multiple ideas: ||“Edit” on ideas|
As more users contribute to a zone, the number of duplicate ideas often increases. Duplicate ideas make it difficult to measure feedback because votes and comments are spread out over many similar ideas. The best way to resolve this issue is to merge duplicate ideas together so one idea becomes the master to one or more child ideas.
Note the following about merging ideas.
- Once you merge ideas they cannot be separated.
- All votes belonging to child ideas are transferred to the master idea. If the same community member votes for two ideas that are eventually merged, only the vote for the master idea is kept; the vote for the child idea is discarded.
- Users can only vote for and add comments to a master idea.
- You cannot merge ideas in separate zones.
- Deleting a parent idea automatically deletes all child ideas. Child ideas cannot be deleted individually.
- The master idea does not inherit the status and category values of its child ideas.
- When an idea is merged and becomes a child idea, the child idea still appears on the Ideas Submitted page but not on any other pages in a zone member's Recent Activity.
- Merged ideas don’t appear in the list of submitted ideas on the Idea Themes detail page and aren’t counted in the Submitted Ideas field.
- When you merge a child idea, you can no longer edit the Idea Theme field.
- A child idea that has been merged is still visible to the user who submitted the idea from the Ideas Submitted list on the user’s Recent Activity page.
To locate duplicate ideas and merge them together:
- On the Ideas tab, click the title of an idea that you want to merge.
- On the idea's detail page, click Find Duplicates. Salesforce searches all the ideas within the zone and displays the five ideas with titles that most closely match the current idea's title.
- If the Possible Duplicates list does not contain any ideas that you want to merge, enter keywords in the Search for Duplicates field and click Search. Salesforce displays a new list of possible duplicate ideas.
- From the Possible Duplicates list, select the ideas that you want to merge.
To view the details of a possible duplicate idea, click the idea's title. Use your browser's back button to return to the search results.
- Click Merge with Current Idea.
- Select the idea that you want to be the master idea, and click Merge.
- Click OK to complete the merge.