|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Developer, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Database.com Editions|
|Define and modify identity providers and service providers:||“Customize Application”|
After you enable an identity provider for your organization, you can view the details from Setup by entering Identity Provider in the Quick Find box, then selecting Identity Provider. You might need to share this information, such as Issuer, with your service provider.
From this page you can click:
- Edit to change the certificate associated with your identity provider.
Changing the certificate can disable access to external applications. You might need to update all external applications to validate the new certificate information.
- Disable to disable your identity provider.
If you disable your identity provider, users can no longer access any external applications.
- Download Certificate to download the certificate associated with your identity provider. Your service provider can use this information for connecting to Salesforce.
- Download Metadata to download the metadata associated with your identity provider. Your service provider can use this information for connecting to Salesforce.
- In the SAML Metadata Discovery Endpoints section, you can access URLs for the SAML identity provider information for your custom domain and each community. Your service provider can use these URLs to configure single sign-on to connect to Salesforce.
- Salesforce Identity—URL of identity provider metadata for your custom domain in My Domain.
- Community Name Community Identity—URL of identity provider metadata for the named community.
- In the service providers section, next to the name of an existing service provider, click Edit to change its definition, click Profiles to add or remove user profiles that have access to this service provider, or click Del to delete it.
To define a new service provider, from Setup, enter Apps
in the Quick Find
box, then select Apps
and then create a new SAML-enabled connected app.