Need contacts? With a Data.com Prospector license, you can find contacts in the companies, industries, and locations that you’re most interested in. Then, add records to Salesforce as new leads.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic
|Available with a Data.com Prospector license in: Contact Manager (no Lead object), Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions|
|To search Data.com for contacts:||No permissions required|
|To add Data.com contacts:||“Create” on contacts|
|To create an account when adding contacts:||“Create” on accounts|
Go to the Data.com tab.
- Using the Find Contacts tab, enter or select your search criteria. When you click the selection box in the Industry field, for example, you’ll see the Industry Selector, where you can use industry classifications to select from extensive lists of industries and subindustries to build an industry query as part of your search criteria. When you click the selection box in the Location field, you’ll see the Location Selector, where you can build a location query as part of your search criteria.
- Click Search.
Results are sorted alphanumerically. To show records that have been flagged as inactive, under Options, select Show Inactive Records
. Inactive records are marked with
- If the results list is long, you can:
- If you don't see what you're looking for, use filters to narrow your results. Expand filter categories as needed. Enter a range or select the checkbox next to each filter you want to apply.
The list updates automatically.
- Add all contacts or a selection to Salesforce.
- To add all contacts, click Add to Salesforce and select All.
- To add selected contacts, first select the ones you want, then click Add to Salesforce and choose Selected.
You'll get a confirmation message showing the number of records you’re adding.
- Select Contacts.
Enter or select the account you want to associate the contacts with. You can associate only one account. If you need to create the account to associate, use the lookup.
- Click Continue.
If your selection includes duplicates, we’ll add them if duplicate contact records are allowed in your Salesforce organization. Adding more than 200 records can take a few minutes. If you add that many, we'll send you an email when the process is complete.
- Click Go to Account to return to the account record.