If errors prevent you from adding one or more Data.com records to Salesforce, we’ll provide a .csv error log file to help you fix any record addition errors.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic
|Available with a Data.com Prospector license in: Contact Manager (no Lead object), Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions|
|To add accounts from Data.com:||“Create” on accounts|
|To add contacts from Data.com:||“Create” on contacts|
|To add Data.com contacts from an account||“Read” on accounts AND “Create” on contacts|
|To add Data.com contacts as leads||“Create” on leads|
How we provide the error log depends on what you were trying to do. If you were trying to add:
- Fewer than 200 records, you’ll see a message with a link to the error log on the Files tab.
- Two hundred records or more, you’ll receive an email with a link to the error log on the Files tab.
- Any number of records and you do not have Chatter enabled, you’ll receive an email with the error log attached.
- Open the record addition error log and review the errors, then take one of these actions.
- If you see errors regarding duplicate records, you don’t need to do anything. Duplicate errors mean that the records are already in Salesforce, so you don’t need to add them again. If your Data.com preferences are set to allow duplicates, the error log will not include any duplicate errors. If your Data.com preferences are set to allow duplicates but your organization also uses duplicate rules to prevent the creation of duplicate records, the duplicate rule will determine if the duplicate record is allowed or blocked. Records that are blocked by the duplicate rule will appear in the error log.
- If you see errors regarding your organization’s custom configurations, such as triggers, validation rules, or workflow, let your administrator know because they may need to correct these configurations.
- If your organization uses state and country picklists and you see errors regarding available states or countries, notify your administrator, who will need to add the particular state or country to the picklist.
- For all other errors, contact your administrator, who may need to contact Salesforce Customer Support.
- After your administrator resolves the errors, try again to add the Data.com records to Salesforce.