Deleting article types can result in errors and lost data. Read this entire topic carefully before deleting article types.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
Salesforce Knowledge is available in Performance and Developer Editions and in Unlimited Edition with the Service Cloud.
Salesforce Knowledge is available for an additional cost in: Professional, Enterprise, and Unlimited Editions.
|To delete article types:||“Customize Application”|
From Setup, enter Knowledge Article Types in the Quick Find box, then select Knowledge Article Types.
Next to the article type, click Del.
Confirm that you want to delete the article type.
- Notes on Deleting Article Types
- If your organization has only article type, you cannot delete it. Every Salesforce Knowledge org requires at least one deployed article type. Create an article type and then delete the old one.
- Any articles associated with a deleted article type are automatically removed from all channels, including draft, published, and archived articles.
- Salesforce does not display deleted article types in the Recycle Bin with other deleted records. Instead, deleted article types appear in the Deleted Article Types list on the article list view page for 15 days. During this time, you can restore the article type and its articles, or permanently erase the article type and its articles. After 15 days, the article type and its articles are permanently erased.
- If a reader clicks a bookmark to a deleted article's URL, an Insufficient Privileges message displays.