Make suggested articles more relevant when solving cases. Map case fields to data categories to filter for articles assigned to those data categories. For example, cases with a field for which product they are about can be mapped to the data category of that product. Articles assigned that category or product, are filtered to the top of the suggested article list.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
Salesforce Knowledge is available in Performance and Developer Editions and in Unlimited Edition with the Service Cloud.
Salesforce Knowledge is available for an additional cost in: Professional, Enterprise, and Unlimited Editions.
|To map data category groups||“Customize Application”|
“Manage Salesforce Knowledge”
- Filtering articles based on case information is only supported in text and picklist fields.
- Filters are applied to Knowledge results after the case has been saved.
- Filters are applied after a Knowledge search and only to the articles returned in the search.
- Using Filters does not return a list of all articles that match the filter criteria. Instead, the filters are applied to the initial pool of article results returned.
- Results may be filtered after a search.
- Suggested articles are returned if Suggest articles for cases considering case content is enabled.
To implement data category mapping, select which case fields map to which data categories and set a default data category for cases that have no value for the mapped fields.
For information on data categories, see Data Categories in Salesforce.com.
- From Setup, enter Data Category Mappings in the Quick Find box, then select Data Category Mappings.
- In the Case Field column, use the drop-down list to add a field.
- In the Data Category Group column, use the drop-down list to map the information from the lookup field to a data category.
- In the Default Data Category column, use the drop-down list to assign a data category when the field value does not match any categories from the category group.
- Click Add.