Knowledge One is available as a widget you can plug in to the Salesforce Console for Service or Salesforce Console for Sales. If you are using the Knowledge tab, you get the same easy-to-use interface for articles and external sources on cases and within the Salesforce Console for Service. You can search, send, and create articles, all without leaving the case.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
Salesforce Knowledge is available in Performance and Developer Editions and in Unlimited Edition with the Service Cloud.
Salesforce Knowledge is available for an additional cost in: Professional, Enterprise, and Unlimited Editions.
|To administer Salesforce Knowledge and Salesforce Console for Service:||“Customize Application”|
“Manage Salesforce Knowledge”
Of all the Salesforce Knowledge article widgets, the Knowledge One widget lets you:
- Attach a published Salesforce Knowledge article to the case in one click.
- Share an article as a URL, if it is shared on a public channel.
- Email an article as a PDF, if it is shared on a public channel.
- Create and manage articles.
- Make adjustments based on your window width. In the console, in windows smaller than 600 pixels, the searchable objects are displayed in a drop-down menu.
The article widget in a case feed search doesn’t necessarily use the agent’s language. If the agent’s language isn’t a Salesforce Knowledge supported language but their locale language is, the locale language is the search language. If neither the agent’s language nor local language are supported, the search language is the default Salesforce Knowledge language, which you can find and set on the Knowledge Settings page.
From the object management settings for cases, go to Page Layouts and open your case page layout for edit.
Ensure the Email quick action is in the case page layout.
Without the Email quick action, you can’t send articles via email.
- Select Quick Actions in the left-hand menu.
- Drag Email to the Quick Actions in the Salesforce Classic Publisher line.
Disable previous article sidebar components.
- To disable the Knowledge sidebar, click Layout Properties and ensure Knowledge Sidebar is unchecked.
- To disable the case feed article tool, click Feed View and ensure Use Case Feed Article Tool in the Console is unchecked.
In the page layout editor, click Custom Console Components.
In the sidebar where you want the Knowledge One widget, select Knowledge One in the Type drop down and set the sidebar parameters.
Email quick action to be added to the Case page layout in order to show up
If you can’t see the Knowledge One sidebar, increase its width to 250 (height to 150) in the page layout. These are the minimum measurements for the Knowledge One sidebar to display properly.