Limits for contacts related to business accounts.
Contacts are the people associated with business accounts. Each contact includes information, such as phone numbers, addresses, titles, and roles in a deal.
Limitations for Relating a Contact to Multiple Accounts
Contact History Limitations
- Modifications to the related lists for a contact aren’t tracked in the contact history.
Limitations for Enabling and Managing the Customer Portal for Contacts and Person Accounts
- Delegated administrators can’t assign the High Volume Customer Portal license to contacts.
- When you create a customer user from the API, the Chatter Answers User permission isn’t selected for that user.
- When person account users try to self-register for a customer portal, they receive an email notification that instructs them to contact the portal admin. See Enable Customer Portal Login and Settings.
- You can’t merge person accounts that are enabled to use a customer portal.
- You can’t delete a person account that’s enabled to use a customer portal.
- You can transfer contacts that are enabled for a partner portal only to accounts that are also enabled for a partner portal.
Limitations for Changing Accounts on Contacts That Are Enabled for Self-Service
- On the Self-Service portal, contacts that are Self-Service users can view cases only if they’re associated with their current account.
- Self-Service users can’t view opportunities.
Limitations for Deleting Self-Service for Contacts and Person Accounts
- You can’t delete an active Self-Service user. You can only deactivate the user’s access to the Self-Service portal.
- You can’t delete a contact or person account that’s associated with an active Self-Service user. Instead, deactivate the user’s access to the Self-Service portal, and then delete the contact or person account.