Limits for tracking objects, fields, and topics.
- When feed tracking is enabled for person accounts, users can follow and see updates to account fields, but not contact fields.
- Feed tracking for events doesn't include requested meetings. Once a requested meeting is confirmed and becomes an event, then it can be included in feeds.
- User can follow activities and knowledge articles in a Chatter feed, but the
Follow button in the Action column for activity and knowledge article list views isn’t available.
- If you disable feed tracking for topics, users can no longer follow new topics, but they continue to follow the ones they followed when feed tracking was enabled. These topics count toward the maximum number of people, topics, and records that they can follow. Use the Chatter REST API to stop following topics after feed tracking has been disabled.
Feed Tracking Limits for External Objects
- Field history tracking isn’t available for external objects.
- Record feeds aren’t available for Salesforce Connect external objects that map to high-data-volume external data sources.