|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, Developer, and Database.com Editions|
The Data Loader command-line interface is supported for Windows only.
The batch mode interface in Data Loader versions 8.0 and later aren’t backward-compatible with earlier versions. If you’re using a version earlier than 8.0 to run batch processes, your options are as follows:
- Maintain the old version for batch use
- Do not uninstall your old version of Data Loader. Continue to use that version for batch processes. You can’t take advantage of newer features such as database connectivity, but your integrations will continue to work. Optionally, install the new version alongside the old version and dedicate the old version solely to batch processes.
- Generate a new config.properties file from the new GUI
- If you originally generated your config.properties file from the graphical user interface, use the new version to set the same properties and generate a new file. Use this new file with the new batch mode interface. For more information, see Data Loader Command-Line Interface.
- Manually update your config.properties file
- If your old config.properties file was created manually, you must manually update it for the new version. For more information, see Installed Directories and Files.