Enable or disable nickname display, access to the community without login, Chatter private messages, content flagging, reputation levels, knowledgeable people, and file limits in your community.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To create, customize, or activate a community:||“Create and Set Up Communities”|
Is a member of the community whose Community Management page they’re trying to access.
To use these settings, Chatter must be enabled in your organization.
Access Community Management in one of the following ways.
- From the community:
- In Salesforce Tabs + Visualforce communities, click in the global header.
- In Community Builder-based communities, use the drop-down menu next to your name and click Community Management.
- From Setup, enter All Communities in the Quick Find box, then select All Communities and click the Manage link next to a community.
- From Community Builder, in the header, use the drop-down menu next to the name of your template and click Community Management.
Change the desired settings.
- Display nicknames instead of full names in your community. Enabling nickname display in your community allows more privacy and protects member identities. This is especially helpful in a public community where unregistered visitors can access member profiles.
- Enable access to public Chatter content in your community so that guest users can access it without logging in. Allowing this access is a way to boost adoption and helps customers easily find information they need without having to log in, register, or contact your company directly.
- Enable Chatter messages, which allow you to have secure private conversations with other Chatter users. To expose Chatter messages for external users, administrators must also enable the Chatter tab.
- Use custom Visualforce error pages, if you want authenticated users to see your custom branded Visualforce error pages.
- Show all settings available in Community Management that are hidden by default based on how you set up your community. Enabling this setting overrides the dynamic navigation provided in Community Management.
- Community Management
- Allow members to flag posts, comments, or files for moderation within your community. Members may want to flag items that contain inappropriate language or sensitive information.
- Enable Reputation to allow community managers to set up a point system that rewards users who participate in the community. Administrators set up corresponding reputation levels that users see on their profile.
- Enable knowledgeable people so you can discover who’s knowledgeable on topics and endorse people for their knowledge on a topic.
- Set the maximum size in MB for files uploaded to the community.
- Specify the types of files that can be uploaded in the community.