Create and modify member criteria to use in community moderation rules. Target specific groups of members based on their user profile, user type, user creation date, or whether they've posted or previously commented in the community. Use member criteria in your rules to help pin-point specific use-cases, like reviewing posts only from your customer users who were created in the last 7 days.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To view, create, edit, and delete criteria:||
“Manage Communities” OR “Create and Set Up Communities”
Is a member of the community whose Community Management page they’re trying to access.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Your org can have up to 100 member criteria. This limit is per org, not per community.
- Each member criteria can include up to 100 user conditions.
You can create criteria that includes only user types and user profiles, or just filters. Or if you want it all, your criteria can include user types, user profiles, and filters. Let’s get started.
Open Community Management.
, then click
Enter a name, unique name, and description for your criteria.
Select the types of user types or user profiles to include in your criteria.
You can select any combination of types and profiles. Members are included when they belong to any
one of your selections.
If you delete a profile in your internal org, the profile is also removed from your member criteria.
Select to filter your members by:
- None—Select this option if you don’t want to filter the criteria using the other options. None is the default selection.
- User creation date—Select this option to include only users that were created within a specific time frame. Enter the number of days since the user was created.
A user’s creation date might not be the same date they became a member of the community. For example, you can have an internal user that was created 120 days ago who became a member of the community 5 days ago. For users that self-register, their creation date is the date they become a member of the community.
- Members without community contributions—Select this option to include only members that haven’t posted or commented in the community. Posts that are pending review don’t count as community contributions until they are approved.
If you selected user types or user profiles, and you also select filter conditions, members are included only if they belong to one of the selected user types or profiles and the filter condition.
Click Save to apply your changes.
Let’s look at the following conditions:
- User Types: Partner
- User Profiles: Customer Community Plus Login User, Customer Community Plus User, and Customer Community User
- Filter By: User creation date is set to 7 days since the user was created
This member criteria applies to:
- Partner users created in the last 7 days
- Customer Community Plus Login User created in the last 7 days
- Customer Community Plus User created in the last 7 days
- Customer Community User created in the last 7 days
You can use this member criteria in a rule to:
- Review and approve their posts
- Be notified of their contributions
- Flag all their contributions
To delete criteria, click Del from the Member Criteria page. If criteria is being used by a rule, you can’t delete it.