Activate your community to make it accessible to community members. The effect of activating a community differs by template.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To create, customize, or activate a community:||“Create and Set Up Communities”|
Is a member of the community whose Community Management page they’re trying to access.
- Salesforce Tabs + Visualforce: Activating the community makes the community URL active and enables login access for community members. If welcome emails are enabled when you activate, a welcome email is sent to all members. If any of those users are new portal users, their welcome email includes their username and password.
- Koa, Kokua, or Customer Service (Napili): Activating the community sends out a welcome email to all community members and registers the site with Brombone™, a search engine optimization service. To make the community URL active and enable login access for community members, publish the community.
Access Community Management in one of the following ways.
- From the community:
- In Salesforce Tabs + Visualforce communities, click in the global header.
- In Community Builder-based communities, use the drop-down menu next to your name and click Community Management.
- From Setup, enter All Communities in the Quick Find box, then select All Communities and click the Manage link next to a community.
- From Community Builder, in the header, use the drop-down menu next to the name of your template and click Community Management.
Click Activate Community.