Connect to your back office for a complete view of your business. With the OData 2.0 or 4.0 adapter, Salesforce Connect uses Open Data Protocol Version 2.0 or Version 4.0 to access data that’s stored outside Salesforce.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Developer Edition|
Available for an extra cost in: Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions
Your users and the Force.com platform interact with the external data via external objects.
Salesforce Connect converts each of those interactions into an OData query that contains the relevant parameters to filter the results. Salesforce performs an OData callout each time that:
- A user clicks an external object tab for a list view.
- A user views a record detail page of an external object.
- A user views a record detail page of a parent object that displays a related list of child external object records.
- A user performs a Salesforce global search.
- A user creates, edits, or deletes an external object record. (This doesn’t apply to the cross-org adapter.)
- A user runs a report.
- The preview loads in the report builder.
- An external object is queried via flows, APIs, Apex, SOQL, or SOSL.
- You validate or sync an external data source.
The OData 2.0 adapter for Salesforce Connect can access external data that’s exposed via services called OData producers. Learn more about OData producers at www.odata.org.