|This feature available to manage from: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: All Editions |
|To view configurations:||“View Setup and Configuration”|
|To create, edit, or delete configurations:||“Manage Email Client Configurations”|
After you define basic information for a Salesforce for Outlook configuration, you select the Salesforce for Outlook users that the configuration’s settings will apply to.
- From Setup, enter Outlook Configurations in the Quick Find box, then select Outlook Configurations.
- If you’re modifying an existing Outlook configuration, click Edit next to the one that you want to modify. Otherwise, click New Outlook Configuration, and then complete the required fields.
- In the Assign Users and Profiles section, select either Profiles or Users in the Search drop-down list.
- If you don’t see the member you want to add, enter keywords in the search box and click Find.
- Select members from the Available Members box, and click Add to add them to the group. If all available users are assigned to this configuration, the Users list is empty and you can only assign profiles.
- To remove members, select those members and click Remove. If removed users are assigned to another active configuration through a profile, that other configuration is used the next time they open Outlook. Otherwise, removed users are unable to use Salesforce for Outlook.
- Click Save. All changes take effect the next time data syncs for the users in this configuration. If you assign a user who is already assigned to a different configuration, that user is removed from the other configuration and assigned to this one. If an assigned user is also part of a profile assigned to another active configuration, the configuration that lists the user directly is used.