|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions with the Service Cloud|
|To set up and update the partner portal:||“Customize Application”|
|To create and edit profiles:||“Manage Profiles and Permission Sets”|
|To manage portal users:||“Manage External Users”|
Starting in Summer ’13, the partner portal is no longer available for organizations that aren’t currently using it. Existing organizations continue to have full access. If you don’t have a partner portal, but want to easily share records and information with your partners, try Communities.
Existing organizations using partner portals may continue to use their partner portals or transition to Communities. Contact your Salesforce Account Executive for more information.
You can use the partner portal to provide your partners with access to entitlements, service contracts, or contract line items.
After you have set up entitlement management and enabled a partner portal, complete the following steps to add entitlement management to your portals.
- Update your cloned Partner User profiles:
- Include the “Read” permission on entitlements, service contracts, or contract line items.
- Optionally, on the profiles of delegated partner user administrators, include the “Create” and “Delete” permissions on entitlement contacts. This lets delegated external user administrators update entitlement contacts.
- Verify that the tab visibility for the Entitlements or Service Contracts tabs are Default On. Contract line items display on service contracts.
- At the bottom of the partner portal detail page, click Edit Profiles and activate the new profile.
- Customize case page layouts to add the Entitlement Name lookup field. This lets partner users add entitlements to cases.
add the following entitlement process fields to case page layouts for portal users because portal users shouldn't access information related to your internal support processes: Entitlement Process Start Time
, Entitlement Process End Time
, and Stopped Since
- Optionally, customize related lists on accounts and contacts to add Entitlements. This lets delegated external user administrators create cases automatically associated with the right entitlements.
- Add the Entitlements or Service Contracts tabs to each partner portal.
- Assign the cloned profiles to your partner portal users:
- To create a new partner portal user, click Manage External User and choose Enable Partner User on the contact detail page. To update an existing user, click Manage External User and choose View Partner User.
- For a new user, select the cloned profile from the Profile drop-down menu. For an existing user, click Edit and then select the profile.
- Click Save.