App permissions control what users can do within a specific app. For example, the “Import Leads” permission allows users to import leads in a sales app, while “Manage Cases” allows users to manage cases in a call center app. A permission set is a collection of settings and permissions that gives users access to various tools and functions.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Contact Manager, Professional, Group, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, Developer, and Database.com Editions|
|To edit app permissions:||“Manage Profiles and Permission Sets”|
On the App Permissions page in a permission set, you can:
- Change the app permissions by clicking Edit
Editing some permissions can cause other permissions to be enabled or disabled.
In some cases, the affected permissions are on another page, so the change might not be immediately apparent.
For example, enabling the “Transfer Leads” app permission enables the “Read” and “Create” object permissions for leads.
- Search for permissions and settings
- Create a permission set based on the current permission set by clicking Clone
- If it's not assigned to any users, remove the permission set by clicking Delete
- Change the permission set label, API name, or description by clicking Edit Properties
- View and manage the users assigned to the permission set by clicking Manage Assignments
- Go to the permission set overview page by clicking Permission Set Overview
- Switch to a different settings page by clicking the down arrow next to the App Permissions name and selecting the page you want