Users can view and search external objects from the Salesforce1 app, but some special behaviors and limitations apply.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Developer Edition|
Available for an extra cost in: Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions
- As long as the following conditions are true, external objects are included in the Recent section of the Salesforce1 navigation menu as part of the Smart Search Items element. Users might need to tap More to see these items.
- As with custom objects, external objects must be assigned to tabs that users can access, and object permissions must be granted via profiles or permission sets.
- The external objects’ associated external data sources must have the High Data Volume option deselected. This requirement doesn’t apply to the cross-org adapter for Salesforce Connect.
- To allow external objects to appear in the following apps, select Enable Search in the associated external data sources. This requirement doesn’t apply to custom adapters for Salesforce Connect.
- Salesforce1 downloadable app for iOS
- Salesforce1 mobile browser app when used on iOS devices