|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, Contact Manager, Database.com, and Developer Editions|
Setting predefined field values for quick actions is especially important if you remove required or Always on Layout fields from the action layout.
- You can set predefined values for any field available in the action layout editor, with these exceptions.
- Rich text area fields
- Multi-select picklists
- Read-only field types like auto-number, formula, and roll-up summary fields
- You can’t use a dependent picklist to set a predefined value.
- If a field on an action has both a predefined value and a default value set, the action uses the predefined value, not the default value.
- If you set a predefined value for a field and leave it on the action layout, the predefined value displays as a default value for the field.
- If you have a required field with a predefined value assigned, and have removed the field from the action layout, if you later delete the field’s predefined value you will need to re-add the required field to the action layout. Otherwise, users won’t be able to save the record.