Learn about price books and price book entries.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
A price book
is a list of products and their prices.
- The standard price book is the master list of all your products and their default standard prices. Salesforce creates the standard price book when you start creating product records. It includes all your products and their standard prices regardless of any custom price books that include those products.
- A custom price book is a separate list of products with custom prices, called list prices. Custom price books are ideal for offering products at different prices to different market segments, regions, or other subsets of your customers. Create a separate price book for each set of customers that you want to address. For example, if you have one set of prices for domestic customers and another for international customers, create a domestic price book and an international one.
A price book entry is a product with its price as listed in a price book. Each price book entry specifies a currency for the price.
- Standard price book entries are the default (standard) prices for the products and services in the standard price book. When you create a product record, Salesforce creates a standard price book entry. You can mark the standard price book entry as active or inactive, depending, for example, on whether you intend to start selling the product right away.
- Custom price book entries are the custom (list) prices for the products and services in your custom price books. Custom price book entries can be created only for products with active standard price book entries.
- In Lightning Experience, Product detail pages display the Standard Price related list and the Price Books related list as a single Price Books related list.
- If you customize the Price Book Entry detail page layout, no field dependencies exist for price book entry fields in the user interface. If the Use Standard Price checkbox is removed from the page layout, and this checkbox is selected for a price book entry, you can’t edit the list price. The List Price field is disabled and can’t be enabled on this page.