If you’re an admin or sales operations manager, you’ll create products in Salesforce to track the products and services that your company sells. After you create a product, your sales reps can add it to their quotes, opportunities, and orders. Before you get started, review a few key guidelines.
|Products and price books available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience||Quotes, orders, and schedules available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
- To view and create products, you need the “Read” and “Create” permissions on products.
- To get started creating products, click New on the Products home page.
- You can create a product by cloning an existing product.
- To ensure fast system performance with price books, keep the number of products below 2,000,000.
- Products need a standard active price before you can add them to a price book.
- Click Edit above the product detail to define a payment and delivery cycle via a product schedule.