Search the Chatter Answers Q&A tab to find questions and replies, best answers, and Salesforce Knowledge articles that can help find answers quickly. Searching in the Q&A tab might help you avoid posting redundant questions.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Chatter Answers is available in: Enterprise, Developer, Performance, and Unlimited Editions.|
|To view questions:||“Read” on questions|
Chatter Answers is scheduled for retirement in all Salesforce orgs as of Winter ’18 release. For more information, see Chatter Answers to Retire in Winter ’18. Starting with Summer ’16, Chatter Answers isn’t available in new orgs. Instead, you can use Chatter Questions, a Q&A feature that’s seamlessly integrated into Chatter. With Chatter Questions, users can ask questions and find answers without ever needing to leave Chatter. Existing orgs will continue to have access to Chatter Answers if it was enabled before the Summer ’16 release from now until Winter ’18.
- In the Q&A tab, enter your question in the search box.
- Click the magnifying glass to view matching questions and articles from within the zone.
If enabled, Salesforce Knowledge articles appear in the results, as well.
Searches in the Chatter Answers Q&A tab can be filtered to show questions based on:
- All Questions shows all questions in the zone, as well as Salesforce Knowledge articles, when enabled.
- Unanswered Questions shows all questions that don’t have replies.
- Unsolved Questions shows all questions that don’t have a best answer.
- Solved Questions shows all questions that have a best answer, as well as Salesforce Knowledge articles, when enabled.
- My Questions shows all questions you’ve asked and are following.
You can then sort the results based on the following options:
- Date Posted sorts questions with the most recently asked questions appearing first.
- Recent Activity sorts questions with the most recent replies and comments appearing first.
- Most Popular sorts questions that have received the most likes, upvotes, and followers appearing first.
From the header search box at the top of the page you can search more objects than from within the Q&A tab. Global searches by internal users return results from all questions that are available within the organization. Searches performed by all other users in Salesforce Communities return results from the questions that are available within the community.