|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Chatter Answers is available in: Enterprise, Developer, Performance, and Unlimited Editions.|
|To set organization-wide sharing defaults:||“Manage Sharing”|
|To set field-level security:||“Manage Profiles and Permission Sets”|
|To customize fields:|
To create assignment rules:
To grant high-volume portal users access to cases:
Chatter Answers is scheduled for retirement in all Salesforce orgs as of Winter ’18 release. For more information, see Chatter Answers to Retire in Winter ’18. Starting with Summer ’16, Chatter Answers isn’t available in new orgs. Instead, you can use Chatter Questions, a Q&A feature that’s seamlessly integrated into Chatter. With Chatter Questions, users can ask questions and find answers without ever needing to leave Chatter. Existing orgs will continue to have access to Chatter Answers if it was enabled before the Summer ’16 release from now until Winter ’18.
Configure case features for Chatter Answers so that cases are created, escalated, and accessed by the appropriate users of your Chatter Answers zones.
- Set your organization-wide sharing defaults to Private on Account, Controlled by Parent on Contact, and Private on Case to prevent users from accessing each others’ information.
- Set field-level security on Question on cases to Visible for profiles assigned to your Customer Portal so that users can access their private questions.
- Update Origin on cases with the value in the Question trigger so that support agents can see which cases originated from Chatter Answers.
- Create a case assignment rule where Case Origin equals the value of Chatter Answers so that cases created from private questions are assigned to support agents.
- Grant high-volume portal users access to cases so that they can access their private questions on Chatter Answers.