Quick Text messages enable agents to include standardized notes with case updates and to send common responses to customers without having to type the responses each time. Create custom messages for your agents to use when they email and chat with customers.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Group, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To create Quick Text messages:||“Create,” “Read,” “Edit,” and “Delete” on Quick Text|
- Click the
Quick Text tab.
- Click New.
- If you have more than one Quick Text record type, select a record type for the new message, and then click Continue.
- Type a message name.
- Type the message.
It can include line breaks, lists, and special characters and can be up to 4,096 characters.
- Click Available Merge Fields to display the merge field selector.
- Select the channels in which you want the message to be available.
Depending on which features are enabled in your organization, these channels might be available.
- Email—the Case Feed Email action
- Live Agent— Live Agent in the Salesforce console
- Portal—a community or a customer portal
- Phone—the Case Feed Log a Call action
- Internal—the Case Feed Change Status action
- Select a category.
- Optionally, select a subcategory.
- Click Save.
Click Test and Verify Merge Fields
to view a sample of the quick text, populated with data from records that you choose.