|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Salesforce for Wealth Management|
To make the most of relationship groups and relationship group members, review the notable behaviors and limitations below.
Relationship Group Considerations
- Support roll-up related lists for activities and custom objects only.
- Are completely separate from the Partners related list on accounts.
- Do not have directly associated activities, notes, or attachments.
- Only support required custom fields that are configured with a default value. Such custom fields will display on relationship group detail and edit pages, but not in the relationship groups wizard.
- Only support validation rules on custom fields that were added after the Relationship Group managed package was installed.
- Cannot be renamed to a different name than “relationship group,” because they are a custom object in a managed package.
- Can be created and edited through the relationship group wizard regardless of field-level security settings on the Description field.
Relationship Group Member Considerations
Relationship group members:
- Are limited to a maximum of 20 per relationship group.
- Cannot be imported via the import wizard for custom objects.
- Do not support tagging.
- Have the division of the parent relationship group.
- Are owned by both the parent relationship group and the parent account.
- Do not support validation rules.
- Do not support universally required fields.
- Cannot be renamed to a different name than “relationship group member,” because they are a custom object in a managed package.
- Can have the fields Primary, Secondary, and Include in Roll-Up edited through the relationship group wizard even when the field-level security on those fields is “read-only.”
- Cannot be included in workflow rules or approval processes.
- Cannot be used in Salesforce to Salesforce.
- Are not supported in Connect Offline.
- Are only supported in API version 11.0 and later. In the API, using the upsert call on relationship group members is not supported.