|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Salesforce for Wealth Management|
|To create or edit relationship groups and relationship group members via the wizard:||“Create” and “Edit” on relationship groups|
“Create” and “Edit” on relationship group members
“Read” on accounts
|To delete relationship groups:||“Delete” on relationship groups|
|To remove relationship group members:||“Delete” on relationship group members|
Relationship groups are only available upon request to Salesforce for Wealth Management
customers. Note that the Relationship Groups tab may be named “Households” in Salesforce for Wealth Management organizations. To enable relationship groups, contact your Salesforce representative.
The following sections describe how to display and edit relationship groups:
Accessing the Relationship Groups Tab
The Relationship Groups tab is available by default in the Relationship Groups app. To switch to the Relationship Groups app, select Relationship Groups from the Force.com app menu in the top right corner of every Salesforce page.
Note that your administrator may have customized your profile to also display the Relationship Groups tab in other apps.
Viewing Relationship Group Lists
You can work with relationship group list views as you would any other custom object. .
Displaying Relationship Group Records
To open an individual relationship group record, click a relationship group name on the relationship groups home page or a relationship groups list view.
Note the following when viewing related lists on the relationship group detail page:
- The Relationship Group Members related list summarizes the accounts that are members of the relationship group. In the Priority column, the icons ( and ) show which accounts are defined as primary or secondary for the relationship group. For more information on relationship group members, see Relationship Group Members.
- The Activity History and Open Activities related lists on a relationship group are roll-ups of activities for the relationship group members; relationship groups themselves do not have their own tasks and events.
- If accounts have a relationship with a custom object, a related list for that custom object can display on the relationship group detail page. This requires that Include in Roll-Up is selected on an associated relationship group member record. For example, in the following theoretical scenario, the vehicles associated with members of the Stone family display in a Vehicles related list on both the account detail page and the relationship group detail page:
- The account Sam Stone has a Toyota Prius car tracked in the Vehicles custom object related list on the account detail page
- The account Chris Stone has a Ford Mustang car tracked in the same related list
- Sam and Chris Stone are members of the Stone Family relationship group
- Both associated relationship group member records have Include in Roll-Up selected
Editing Relationship Group Records
On the relationship group detail page, you can:
- Click Edit to change the fields in the Relationship Group Detail section.
- Click Delete to delete the relationship group. For more information, see Deleting Relationship Groups.
- Click Clone to create a copy of the relationship group.
- On the Relationship Group Members related list, click New to add an account to the relationship group. For more information, see Editing the Members of Relationship Groups.
- On the Activity History and Open Activities related lists, click the buttons such as New Task and Log a Call to add activity records for a relationship group member. By default, the new activity records are associated with the primary account on the relationship group.