Use account and contact reports to learn about active, neglected, or new accounts, as well as accounts by account owner or partner. The two standard contact reports let you create a mailing list of contacts or track opportunities by contact role.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: All Editions except Database.com (The edition determines which reports you see.)|
- Standard Report: Field History
- If your organization tracks field history on accounts or contacts, you can report on that information using the account history or contact history report.
- Standard Report: Person Accounts
- If your organization uses person accounts, fields specific to person accounts are available and prefixed with Person Account: in account reports. In addition, you can include the Is Person Account field in both account and contact reports. Your administrator may have given a different label to Person Account.
- Mass Mail Merge
- You can also create a report of your contact information, export that data to Microsoft® Excel®, and then do a mass mail merge using Microsoft® Word®.
- Last Activity
- The last activity date is either the due date of the most recently logged event against the record or the most recently closed task associated with the record. The Last Activity date can show up in activities related lists and reports, as well as on record details pages (such as accounts, contacts, and leads).
- View Filter for Account Reports
- The standard View filter for account reports allows you to limit your account data according to the following options. These options vary depending on your organization’s edition and setup.
- My accounts: Shows accounts that you own.
- My account team accounts: Shows accounts where you are on the account team.
- My account team and my accounts: Shows accounts you own and those where you are on the account team.
- My team’s accounts: Shows your accounts and accounts owned by all of your subordinates in the role hierarchy.
- My territories: For organizations that use territory management, this option shows accounts that belong to the territories to which you are assigned.
- My territory team’s accounts: For organizations that use territory management, this option shows accounts that belong to your territories and your territories’ descendants.
- My team’s account team and their own accounts: For users who report to you in the role hierarchy, shows accounts they own or for which they are on the account team.
- All visible accounts: Shows all accounts that you can view, as determined by your sharing model.
- Territories: For organizations that use territory management, the additional Territories filter can be set to All, Multiple Territories, or Missing Territory. In custom report types, when using the Territories filter that includes territories, Multiple Territories or Missing Territories are not shown in the report results.
- Customer Portal: If your organization uses a Salesforce
Customer Portal, add the Customer Portal Account field to your account reports to view which accounts have contacts enabled to use the portal.