To gain insight into your deals, use bucketing to group by deal size instead of looking at individual deals. This lets you concentrate on the large deals that affect your quota the most.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To create, edit, and delete reports:||“Create and Customize Reports”|
- Create or edit a standard opportunity report.
- In the Fields pane of the report builder, double-click Add Bucket Field or drag it into the report.
- For Source Column, select Amount.
- For Bucket Field Name, enter Deal Size.
- Under Define Ranges, enter 1000 in the first row. This represents the maximum for a small deal. Name this range Small.
- Click Add and enter 25000 in the second row. This represents the maximum for a medium-size deal. Name this range Medium.
- By default, the last range is any amount over the previous range. You don’t need to enter a number for this range. Name this range Large.
- Click OK.
With numeric bucket fields, each range is greater than the lower number, up to and including the higher number. Once you’ve set up this bucket field, amounts will be bucketed as follows:
|1000 or less||Small|
|1001 to 25000||Medium|
|25001 or more||Large|