A picklist bucket field contains items that can be selected from a list.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To create, edit, and delete reports:||“Create and Customize Reports”|
The following picklist types can’t be bucketed.
- Record types
- Multi-value picklists
- The Type picklist in Activity reports
In the Edit Bucket Field overlay for a picklist field:
- For Source Column, select the field you want to bucket.
- Enter a bucket field name. This appears as the column name in the report.
Since a bucket field is intended to have multiple buckets within it, a good name for a bucket field describes the scope of the buckets. For example, a bucket field named “Priority” could have “High,” “Medium,” and “Low” buckets.
Picklist bucket names must include one or more letters or symbols. If a picklist bucket field includes a bucket whose name contains only numbers, the bucket field cannot be saved.
- To create a bucket, click New Bucket and enter a bucket name. Create multiple buckets to group your report records.
- To find a particular value in the list of values, type the first few characters of its name in the Quick Find box. As you type, items that match your search terms appear in the menu.
- Select values and drag them into a bucket. Alternatively, select values, click Move To, and select a bucket or enter a new bucket name.
While you’re bucketing values, use these functions as needed:
- To show all the values in the report, click All Values.
- To show the values for a particular bucket, click the bucket name.
- To remove values from a bucket, select the values and drag them to another bucket, or drag them to Unbucketed Values.
You can bucket only active picklist values. Inactive picklist values aren’t shown.
- To move all unbucketed values into a bucket named “Other”, enable Show unbucketed values as “Other”. If this is disabled, unbucketed values appear in the bucket column with the value name.
- Click OK.
In a report, picklist bucket columns are sorted by the bucket position as shown in the Edit Bucket Field dialog box, followed by “Other” if Show unbucketed values as “Other” is enabled, or the unbucketed picklist item names if Show unbucketed values as “Other” is disabled.