A text bucket helps you sort out values that consist of words or phrases.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To create, edit, and delete reports:||“Create and Customize Reports”|
The following text types can’t be bucketed.
- Text area
- Text area—long
- Text area—rich
- Text area—encrypted
In the Edit Bucket Field overlay for a text field:
- For Source Column, select the field you want to bucket.
- Enter a bucket field name. This appears as the column name in the report.
Since a bucket field is intended to have multiple buckets within it, a good name for a bucket field describes the scope of the buckets. For example, a bucket field named “Region” could have “East,” “West,” and “Central” buckets.
- To create a bucket, click New Bucket and enter a bucket name. Create multiple buckets to group your report records.
- To find a particular value in the list of values, type all or part of its name in the Search for values... box and click Search, or leave the box empty and click Search.
The search returns up to 200 values.
- Select values and drag them into a bucket. Alternatively, select values, click Move To, and select a bucket or enter a new bucket name.
While you’re bucketing values, use these functions as needed:
- Use Enter Values to enter the exact name of a value you want to bucket, or to bucket values that may appear in your report later.
- To show the values for a particular bucket, click the bucket name.
- To remove values from a bucket, select the values, select Move To, and select a bucket or enter a new bucket name.
- To move all unbucketed values into a bucket named “Other,” enable Show unbucketed values as “Other”. If this is disabled, unbucketed values appear in the bucket column with the value name.
- Click OK.
In a report, text bucket columns are sorted in alphanumeric order.