Use cross filters to filter a report by an object's child objects using both WITH and WITHOUT conditions. For example, filter a report to show accounts that have cases but don’t have activities.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To create, edit, and delete reports:||“Create and Customize Reports”|
Say you’re a salesperson who wants to see which customer accounts have unresolved problem escalations because you want to ensure your support team takes care of them.
- Create a new report. For the report type, click Accounts & Contacts, select Accounts, and click Create.
- In the report builder's Filters pane, set the appropriate standard filters.
- To limit your report to customer accounts, click Type equals Customer. and specify
- To see which accounts have no activities, click Accounts without Activities. and specify
- To see only accounts without completed activities, add a subfilter to your cross filter:
- Click Add Activities Filter and specify Status equals Completed.
- Click OK.
- To include your accounts that currently have cases, add another cross filter but this time specify Accounts with Cases.
- To exclude cases that were not escalated, add a subfilter to this cross filter:
- Click Add Cases Filter and specify Type equals Problem.
- Click Add Cases Filter again, but this time specify Status equals Escalated.
- Click OK.
When you run the report, it will include only customer accounts without completed activities with escalated cases.