After you create a custom report type, you can customize, edit, and delete it.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To create or update custom report types:||“Manage Custom Report Types”|
|To delete custom report types:||“Modify All Data”|
From Setup, enter Report Types in the Quick Find box, then select Report Types to display the All Custom Report Types page
, which shows the list of custom report types defined for your organization.
- Select a list view from the View drop-down list to go directly to that list page, or click Create New View to define your own custom view.
- Define a new custom report type by clicking New Custom Report Type.
- Update a custom report type's name, description, report type category, and deployment status by clicking Edit next to a custom report type's name.
- Delete a custom report type by clicking Del next to the custom report type's name. All the data stored in the custom report type will be deleted and cannot be restored from the Recycle Bin.
When you delete a custom report type, any reports based on it are also deleted. Any dashboard components created from a report based on a deleted custom report type display an error message when viewed.
- Display detailed information about a custom report type and customize it further by clicking a custom report type's name.
After you click a custom report type name you can:
- Update which object relationships a report can display when run from the custom report type.
- Edit the page layout of the custom report type to specify which standard and custom fields a report can display when created or run from the custom report type.
- See how the fields display to users in reports run from the custom report type by clicking Preview Layout on the Fields Exposed for Reporting section.
- Create a new custom report type with the same object relationships and fields as the selected custom report type by clicking Clone.
- Rename fields in the report.
- Set which fields are selected by default.
When you edit a report, you can see the report type displayed above the report name in report builder. The report type isn't displayed on the report run page.
- Report type
- Report name
If the Translation Workbench is enabled for your organization, you can translate custom report types for international users.