Suppose you want to focus only on deals in your pipeline worth more than $5,000, but you’re not concerned about today’s fluctuations. You’ll need a historical trending report that filters out any deal whose value was below $5,000 yesterday.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To create, edit, and delete reports:||“Create and Customize Reports”|
Create an opportunity history report.
On the Reports tab, click New Report.
Under Opportunities with Historical Trending.
In order to see Opportunities with Historical Trending, turn on Historical Trend Reporting for Opportunities in the Salesforce Setup. To learn how to turn on Historical Trend Reporting for Opportunities, see Set Up Historical Trend Reporting in the Salesforce help.
For Show, select All Opportunities.
- Filter for historical values over $5,000.
- Click Add and select Historical Field Filter.
- Set Amount (Historical) to Yesterday.
- Select greater than for the operator.
- Enter 5,000 in the last field.
- Click OK.
Click Run Report.
- In the finished report, observe that all the deals in the Amount — Historical column are worth more than $5,000.
Values in the Amount, Close Date and Stage fields are shown in green or red to indicate the direction of change. You can reverse the colors by clicking the down arrow in the column header.
You’ve created a simple report that pulls out all the deals that have were worth more than a given amount as of a given historical snapshot date.