To focus on deals that are taking more time to close than expected, create a historical trending report that finds deals in your pipeline that have had their close dates moved to a later date.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To create, edit, and delete reports:||“Create and Customize Reports”|
Create an opportunity history report.
On the Reports tab, click New Report.
Under Opportunities with Historical Trending.
In order to see Opportunities with Historical Trending, turn on Historical Trend Reporting for Opportunities in the Salesforce Setup. To learn how to turn on Historical Trend Reporting for Opportunities, see Set Up Historical Trend Reporting in the Salesforce help.
For Show, select All Opportunities.
- Filter for close dates that are later now than they were in the past.
- Click Add and select Historical Field Filter.
- Set Close Date (Historical) to Feb. 1, 2013.
Use the calendar under Fixed Days
to select the date.
- Click OK.
- Click the down arrow in the header of the Close Date column and select Show Changes.
Click Run Report.
- For each deal in the report, compare the date in the Close Date — Historical column with the date in the Close Date — Today column.
You can see changes at a glance by looking for values that are colored green or red.