Most of the things you can do with summary or matrix reports you can also do with joined reports, such as find, add, and remove fields; summarize fields; and run and save reports. However, there are some things you can’t do.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
Here are some things you can’t do with joined reports.
- Add bucketed fields.
- Add cross filters.
- Drag and drop filters from the Fields pane on to the Filter pane.
- Apply conditional highlighting.
- Change the hierarchy for opportunity or activity reports.
- Create reporting snapshots based on joined reports.
- For users to be able to create and edit joined reports, report builder must be enabled for your entire organization. When report builder isn’t enabled, users can run joined reports, but can’t create them.
- Joined reports require that the new user interface theme is enabled. Users without the new theme are unable to create, edit, or run joined reports.
- Internet Explorer 6 is not supported for joined reports.
- You can’t filter data on a joined report in dashboard view or add a filter to a dashboard that only has joined reports.
Standard Report Types That Can’t Be Used in Joined Reports
- Accounts and Contacts
- Account History
- Account Owners*
- Contact History
- My Delegated Approval Requests*
- All Pending Approval Requests*
- API Usage Last 7 Days*
- Campaign Call Down*
- Campaign Member
- Campaign Member Analysis*
- Campaigns with Influenced Opportunities
- Contract History
- Order History
- Customer Support
- Case History
- Self Service Usage
- Solution History
- File and Content
- Content Authors
- Content Publication Time Frame
- File and Content Downloads
- File and Content Engagement
- File and Content Links
- Library Administrators
- Library Content
- Most Content Downloads
- Most Content Subscriptions
- Stale Content
- Customizable Forecasting: Forecast History
- Customizable Forecasting: Forecast Summary
- Customizable Forecasting: Opportunity Forecasts
- Forecast History
- Quota versus Actual*
- Lead All
- Lead History
- Lead Status*
- Opportunities with Contact Roles and Products
- Opportunities with Opportunity Teams and Products
- Opportunity Field History
- Price Books, Products and Assets
- You might not have access to all the report types listed here. Certain factors can affect the report types you see, such as which features your organization has enabled and how your administrator has set up report folder visibility. Check with your administrator if you think you should see a report type that you don’t.
- If your organization has renamed standard objects, the names of the standard report types will contain your organization’s names instead of the original ones. For example, if your organization has renamed the “Opportunity” object as “Deal,” the standard report type “Opportunity Field History” will be renamed “Deal Field History.”
- In this list, report types marked with an asterisk (*) aren’t available when you create a new report. Instead, you access them by customizing standard reports, which are in folders on the Reports tab.