You can define the way users are rerouted to the secondary organization in Organization Sync, and also set up automatic user notifications to let them know when a maintenance period has started.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Organization Sync is available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
- Notifying Users About Organization Sync
- Since Organization Sync will affect the user experience during maintenance, it’s a good idea to notify them about it ahead of time. Let your users know what to expect during a maintenance period, and remind them that they must use different login credentials for the secondary organization. Consider setting up a forum (like a Chatter group) where they can ask questions.
- Rerouting Users to the Secondary Organization
- When a maintenance window starts, your users will need to be rerouted to the secondary organization URL. Depending on your preference, you can:
The Salesforce Trust website lists upcoming maintenance windows. You can reroute users to the secondary organization at any time and for any length of time.
- Set up an automatic mass email that tells users to switch to the secondary organization and provides the secondary organization URL.
- Create a URL that reroutes users to the secondary organization during maintenance.
- Set up a Single Sign On solution that reroutes users to the secondary organization during maintenance.
- Creating Visual Cues
- Your users may notice that the secondary organization only contains objects that are supported in Organization Sync. Optionally, you can also create visual cues to let users know that they’re working in the secondary organization. For example, add a message to the home page or sidebar.