Shield Platform Encryption works the same way in the Lightning experience as it does in Salesforce Classic, with a few minor exceptions.
|Available as add-on subscription in: Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions. Requires purchasing Salesforce Shield. Available in Developer Edition at no charge for organizations created in Summer ’15 and later.|
|Available in both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience.|
- Custom Lightning Components
- When viewed in a custom Lightning component, encrypted data is not masked, even if the user doesn't have the "View Encrypted Data" permission.
- Note previews in Lightning are not encrypted.
- File Encryption Icon
- The icon that indicates that a file is encrypted doesn’t appear in Lightning.
- Date Fields
- Lightning shows 12/30/0001 as the dummy date for masking encrypted date values.
- Custom Field Masking
- When the encryption key is destroyed, the values of encrypted custom field values may appear in plaintext until the page is refreshed.