View the Administrative and User Permissions Report for Portal Users | Salesforce
User permissions are powerful, as they expand users' access to data. It's important to use caution when setting permissions for a profile. Use the Administrative and User Permissions report—one of the portal health check reports—to see portal profiles and their critical permission settings.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To view portal health check reports:||“Customize Application”|
“Modify All Data”
This report doesn't show permissions granted through permission sets.
For each profile, the report lists the number of portal users assigned to it and the following permission settings:
- Delegated External User Administrator
- Send Email
- Convert Leads
- Edit Events
- Edit Opportunity Product Sales Price
- Edit Tasks
- Transfer Cases
- Portal Super User
- API Enabled
- Password Never Expires
- Create Libraries
- View Content in Portals
- Export Reports
- Run Reports
Depending on your organization's settings, some permissions won’t appear in the report.
- From Setup, enter Portal Health Check in the Quick Find box, then select Portal Health Check.
- Click Administrative and User Permissions.
From the report page, you can:
- View a profile detail page by clicking the profile name.
- Show a filtered list of items by selecting a predefined view from the drop-down list.
- Return to the list of reports by clicking Back to list: Portal Health Check Reports.