|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To create sharing rules:||“Manage Sharing”|
Order sharing rules can be based on the record owner or on other criteria, including record type and certain field values. You can define up to 300 order sharing rules, including up to 50 criteria-based sharing rules.
- If you plan to include public groups in your sharing rule, confirm that the appropriate groups have been created.
- From Setup, enter Sharing Settings in the Quick Find box, then select Sharing Settings.
- In the Order Sharing Rules related list, click New.
- Enter the Label Name and Rule Name. The Label is the sharing rule label as it appears on the user interface. The Rule Name is a unique name used by the API and managed packages.
- Enter the Description. This field describes the sharing rule. It is optional and can contain up to 1000 characters.
- Select a rule type.
- Depending on the rule type you selected, do the following:
- Based on record owner—In the owned by members of line, specify the users whose records will be shared: select a category from the first drop-down list and a set of users from the second drop-down list (or lookup field, if your organization has over 200 queues, groups, roles, or territories).
- Based on criteria—Specify the Field, Operator, and Value criteria that records must match to be included in the sharing rule. The fields available depend on the object selected, and the value is always a literal number or string. Click Add Filter Logic... to change the default AND relationship between each filter.
To use a field that’s not supported by criteria-based sharing rules, you can create a workflow rule or Apex trigger to copy the value of the field into a text or numeric field, and use that field as the criterion.
- In the Share with line, specify the users who get access to the data: select a category from the first drop-down list and a set of users from the second drop-down list or lookup field.
- Select the sharing access setting for users.
|Read Only||Users can view, but not update, records.|
|Read/Write||Users can view and update records.|
- Click Save.