|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To create sharing rules:||“Manage Sharing”|
To create Quick Text sharing rules:
- If you plan to include public groups in your sharing rule, confirm that the appropriate groups have been created.
- From Setup, enter Sharing Settings in the Quick Find box, then select Sharing Settings.
- In the Quick Text Sharing Rules related list, click New.
- Enter the Label Name and Rule Name. The Label is the sharing rule label as it appears on the user interface. The Rule Name is a unique name used by the API and managed packages.
- Enter the Description. This field describes the sharing rule. It is optional and can contain up to 1000 characters.
- In the Quick Text: owned by members of line, specify the users who own the data by selecting a category from the first drop-down list and a set of users from the second drop-down list.
- In the Share with line, specify the users who get access to the data: select a category from the first drop-down list and a set of users from the second drop-down list or lookup field.
- Select the sharing access setting for users.
|Read Only||Users can view, but not update, records.|
|Read/Write||Users can view and update records.|
- Click Save.