Use the Chatter News Feed to display a Chatter feed on your site pages, or display the feeds of a particular group using the Chatter Group Feed.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To build, edit, and manage a community’s custom pages:||“Create and Set Up Communities”|
Site.com Publisher User field enabled on the user detail page
Site administrator or designer role assigned at the site level
- Drag the News Feed or Group Feed from the Widgets section of the Page Elements pane onto the page.
When you add a widget to a page, it creates a copy or instance of the widget. You can’t edit the content of a widget, but you can edit the properties.
- If you’re adding a group feed, enter the Group ID in the Properties pane.
The Group ID determines which group feed is displayed on your page. You can include more than one group feed on a page if you want to show the feeds for multiple groups.
- Preview the page to test the feed, or use Live Mode to see how the feed renders in different mobile devices.
Consider the following limitations when using a news or group feed in your community Site.com sites:
- Chatter news and group feeds only appear if a user is logged in to the community. They don’t appear to guest users or in anonymous preview mode.
- Chatter news and group feeds may not render appropriately on pages less than 700px wide. We recommend a minimum page width of 700px to view full content. We also recommend using a white background.
- Chatter news and group feeds only inherit some page branding elements.