|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available for purchase in: Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions|
Available (with limitations) in: Developer Edition
As a contributor, you can use the inline editor to edit any editable text areas on the page. Editable areas display a gray border when you hover over the text.
The inline editor lets you:
- Control the text style and layout (1) by:
- Applying bold or italic formatting
- Inserting numbered or bulleted lists
- Add images and hyperlinks, and remove unwanted formatting (2).
- Expand the toolbar (3) to access additional options (4–8).
- Undo and redo your edits (4).
- Control the text style and layout (5) by:
- Applying underline formatting
- Setting text alignment
- Applying blockquote formatting
- Set paragraph indentation (6).
- Apply paragraph and heading styles (7).
- Apply additional styles, such as highlighting (8).
Avoid applying formatting, such as different fonts or highlighting, directly to text whenever possible. Instead, it’s best practice to use the paragraph and heading styles to quickly apply consistent formatting throughout the site. This also ensures that all page text is updated automatically if a site administrator or designer modifies the site's paragraph and heading styles.